Monday, December 10, 2012

Books

Books are something that I enjoy very  much. I find that when I read a book my mind gets into the story so much that I can see what the author has written on the pages. I can see what the author is kind of seeing. I love reading historical romances because I can just see the gowns and what the other characters are wearing and doing. I don't like the nook or kindle that is out because i like the smell and feel of a real book. The reason why i like the feel and smell book is because you don't have to re-charge a book and you still get to buy a new one at the same price if you bought it online. Plus you can take your used books to the library or a book bank. With a kindle or a nook you have to keep charging it when the battery dies and that's no fun. Sure you can see better with a nook or a kindle but a book is always better and that's my opinion. Sure there are people who will either agree or disagree with me but either way if you are a reader like me then there is no way you can't get sucked into a book. My grandmother and I have this joke that we need to join a support group because we read so much and we have a lot of books in our house. My mom isn't a big reader like my grandpa, grandma, me, or my aunt. When my mom, grandpa, grandma, and I go to Alaska her and I bring a list of books that we will like and at each book store we buy them and write them on our index cards that we keep. Yes we have a list and index cards. You see my grandmother used to work in a school library. So as you can see she likes to make sure we have a list in alphabetical order and the same goes for the index cards. I think it is helpful to have a book list because then you know what books you have. I actually went online one day just to see if they had a support group for book readers. But sadly they didn't or I didn't look hard enough. So fellow readers I say we save the libraries. We still need them. And when you go to a library they have a large selection of books that you can check out without having to pay for the book. At my local library they have a book store and some of the books cost 50 cents or 25 cents or even a 1$. Plus they have a book sale that is really cool. So all I can say about books is that they are great and they take you out of the real world into a world that is far away.

Challenge of the day: Think of a book that is your favorite and write why it's your favorite.
Question of the day: What is your favorite genera of book and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment