Monday, December 10, 2012

Love

A word that means the same in any language. I have found over the years of being alive for 23 years that love is something that can be easily broken by some one who doesn't love you back, by cheating, or being cheated on. It is amazing to me how two people can look at each other one minute and say those three little words and then the next they are going their separate ways. I always thought that wedding vows were never supposed to be broken but I was wrong. You have this idea of what your love life is supposed to be and in the end either you or the other person gets hurt. But sometimes it turns out to be the both of you getting hurt in the end. I have seen love poems all over the internet these days that it makes me stop and think about my own love life. Now don't get me wrong being loved is a good thing but at the same time it can some how hurt you. I have learned something through my own dating life. I learned that each guy is different. I always thought that, that guy is the one or the next one. Each one was always "the one" but that was never the case. I met a guy five years ago when we both went to the same technical school. I was dating another guy at the time and we never talked one on one. My boyfriend at that time never really understood what I wanted out of life. That and his mother never liked me. Well this guy and I started talking one day when I got mad. And from then on he and I just started talking like we knew each other forever. Well I am pleased to say that same guy is now my new boyfriend and we have been dating for 10 soon to be 11 months. Yes he and I have had problems but some how he and I can talk about it. Sure we went to other people for advice but at the same time we needed to be able to talk about it one on one. As a running joke between he and I he calls me the couple's therapist. Meaning that my friends come to me and talk to me about their love lives and how I can help them make it better for them. It isn't easy trying to help other people when you are trying to make your own relationship work. So I have told my friends to make a list of rules and follow them. Then make a contract and have him sign it and then you sign it. Also it helps if you don't go on a Facebook and post your fight on there. So yeah I have found that love can be hard to manage if you do it the correct way.  So to end this post this is what I have to say. STAY OFF OF FACEBOOK AND DON'T POST FIGHTS!!!!

Challenge of the day: As a couple I want the two of you to make a list of rules and a contract and follow them for a year.
Question of the day: What does love mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment