Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Family

Like the saying goes you can pick your friends but not your family and that is so true. I find that family can sometimes be helpful but at the same time they can be a pain. It can be helpful to have family around when you are going through some tough times in your life. I have also learned that loyalty needs to be a wall in the family unit. But I am sad to say that I don't see that on my mom's side of the family. I see it some times on my dad's but I see it more on my boyfriends side of the family. I want to teach my children when I have them one day that loyalty should mean something to them. I think every family should teach that to their kids but at the same time they need also need to teach their kids to tell the truth. I watch a TV show at 3 when I get the chance and I have learned that not all parents have values. If I was a parent I would teach my kids to stand up for their values and beliefs. I also think that parents should teach their kids to be a wear of their surroundings and the people around them. I try to be careful about talking about my family. Cousins are part of the family  and they need to be able to come together and help out and fight together when it comes down to it. You never know when something bad might happen. I think family is important and it should be. Because like my grandmother says family is all you have in this world. And it can be. I love my family to a certain extent. My boyfriends family is great I think they are great people I always have fun with them. Family is and can be all we have some times in this world.

Challenge of the day: Has there been a time were loyalty came into question?
Question of the day: What does loyalty mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment