Friday, December 14, 2012

Fashion

Fashion is a double edged sword because on one hand the magazines are telling you how you should look, act, think, and speak but on the other hand you have to be comfortable with who you are as a person. For me when I go into a mall I have to go to one store that will have clothes in my size because I wear an XL and the other stores sometimes don't carry an XL and it's because of this I feel bad about the way I look. So I go to the store I know will have clothes in my size and I can look good is Kohl's. I want to look good just like the next woman but at the same time you shouldn't have to give up your happiness just to feel bad about yourself. And these days they have low-riders for girls who are four years old! Can you believe that? If I had a daughter she would wear shorts, long skirts, t-shirts, and sweatshirts just like me. When I look at young girls today I think how they should dress age appropriate because you don't know who will be looking at her in a sick way. I think parents should explain this to their daughters because no one wants to see what's under that shirt.  COVER UP GIRLS!!!!!! No 10 year old should be wearing high heels on a date. And no 11 year old should be wearing a deep v-neck shirt to school or going out with family. I hate when the fashion industry tells these young girls who they should look. I am happy with the way I am. Sure I sometimes hate have belly fat but that's what I get for drinking to much sweet tea when I go out to dinner or lunch. And yes I sometimes wish I had a flat stomach but my boyfriend loves me for the way I am and not how I look. I always tell myself that I look good today and if I keep doing that then I will believe it. And so should young girls. I would love to sit every young girl down and talk to her about looks and fashion. And if I could I will tell them be happy with the skin your in because no one else will treat it like a temple but you and I will show them photos of how skinny and unhealthy models can look like. So is fashion worth it? Maybe.

Challenge of the day: Every day when you wake up give yourself a complement.   
Question of the day: How will you educate young girls about being healthy and being smart about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment