Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finding wisdom

Finding wisdom can be a very hard thing to do when we don't know where to look. For the fun of it I'm reading a text book about wisdom that I got from a school I went to. I am on chapter four right now and I've learned a lot of words that are new to me. But in this book it explains how we as humans are trying to find ourselves in this world. Is it possible that we go to these self-help books to gain more wisdom about ourselves or our lives? Is it possible that we are trying to balance both on one foot in this rat race as we like to call it. I have also read books from a Native American point of view and I loved it because it taught me how I need to be at peace with the world around me. They as say you grow older you gain more wisdom. I think it's because we want to continue to learn about things that are happening around us day-to-day. So can we gain wisdom as we grow older? Maybe we can. I would like to think that if we keep our minds sharp and educated we will. But if we don't we will lose what we have learned about life and it's history. Maybe we need to all stop and clear our minds from the bad stuff and let the good stuff in. Maybe there should be a day were every one types up as many letters as they can to people and then burn them. Wisdom comes from experience not by how you make a change in life. I have found that people who have wisdom know a lot about life because they saw many things happen in their life time. I try to talk to my grandparents as much as possible about what they think about the world today. If they don't share it how are we supposed to teach our children? So when I say finding wisdom find a person who as seen it all and share it with others.

Challenge of the day: Read about history and share it with others
Question of the day: Do you think wisdom is a good or bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment