Monday, January 28, 2013

Meditation

Meditation is a wonderful thing that helps people find their balance in this crazy world. I have heard that if you meditate at least once a day you will start to feel better about the world around you. Do I think this is true? I think it is. I have tried it once or twice but I never stuck to it. I think if you stick to it then you will notice a difference within yourself. But are there people out there would would sit in a quiet room for an hour maybe longer and meditate? What if your nose starts to itch? Can you move without some one giving you a dirty look? What if you have to go to the bathroom? You would think that it would be hard to do because you would or might get stiff in the knees or legs. I would have the urge to move just so my knees won't get stiff. Health wise I'm sure it helps bring stress levels down a lot. And it helps babies go to sleep during the day. Right now I'm listening to a 26 minute meditation music and I am typing this blog. So maybe it does help but only if you are doing something that makes you stop and think. I would love to be able to sit in a room and not be bothered by people and meditate all day. Or maybe half the day. I don't know. So what is it about mediation that is so great? Was it ever a craze? Is it in as the media calls it? Is it possible for some one like you or me to sit for an hour and just turn our phones off and clear our minds and let the stress melt off of us? I don't know. My mom tried it once and it didn't last to long. I have read books on how to meditate and how to do it the right way. I tried it but it didn't work for long. So good luck if you decided to meditate.

Challenge of the day: Meditate for one hour and write about how you felt afterwards
Question of the day: How long can you meditate?

No comments:

Post a Comment