Monday, January 21, 2013

How to better your relationship

When you want to better your relationship you have to make sure that the both of you are ready to make that step together. You can't make the other person change because you say so that's not how it works. You have to work together as a team to make sure that both of you are on the same page. My boyfriend and I are going through the same problems that all couples go through. I make sure to remind him that if I didn't care I would have left him a long time ago. And I still tell him that if he keeps hurting me I will leave. Now this isn't a very good way to make him understand where I'm coming from but at the same time that is the only way I can get him to listen to what I have to say. I have always told my boyfriend to leave our friends out of our problems and this is true because if you think about it they could make it worse for the both of you. Rules need to be put in place once the relationship starts. If you have rules then the two of you can make it work and fix it. Here are some steps that might help you understand what I'm coming from.

1) Make a list of rules that the two of you can follow
2) Talk it out and leave friends out of it
3) Never say hurtful things it only makes it worse
4) Be honest with each other
5) Always say I love you and I'm sorry

I hope these steps can help you. If you both are starting to think about ending it try a couples workbook and see how that helps the two of you reconnect. Don't give up on it just yet.

Challenge of the day: Sit down with your boyfriend/girlfriend and just talk about general stuff
Question of the day: Do you think a relationship can be fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment